Eyebrow products | NYX vs Anastasia Beverly Hills

trečiadienis, rugpjūčio 10, 2016

I can't imagine my eyebrow routine without two of the products - eyebrow wax/primer and brow bone highlighter. Eyebrow wax is one of those essential products that I can't live without anymore since I discovered it. It's such and incredible product, which not only helps to keep all of the hair in place, but it also makes eyebrow pencils and powders go way smoother and nicer. Basically, wax is a very important part, which you can't skip, if you want your eyebrows to stay all day long. And highlighter is also something that makes your brows pop. I can't imagine my routine without this product as well.



EYEBROW SHAPER by NYX

My all-time favorite eyebrow wax/primer is Eyebrow Shaper by NYX. I discovered this about five years ago and I've bee loving it ever since then. It seems like wax is such a simple product and that there aren't 'bad' or 'good' waxes, but trust me, this product is honestly amazing. First of all, it glides super smoothly on your eyebrow hair. It feels like it catches every single little hair and keeps it in its place for the rest of the day - it definitely has a long-lasting formula. Secondly, it does an amazing job, when it comes to putting powders, gels or pretty much anything else on your eyebrows. It makes three times easier to get your eyebrows done, no joke! Basically, this is an amazing wax, which has a super rich texture.

WONDER PENCIL by NYX

Another great eyebrow product by NYX. As the names suggests - it's a Wonder Pencil, which actually can be used in several ways, however I love to use mostly as my eyebrow highlight or whenever I want to kind of clean up my brows a little. I love that extra creamy pigmented texture, which glides very smoothly and most importantly - it blends in seconds. Oh and I love that they have a couple of different shades in their color range as well.



BROW PRIMER by ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS

When it comes to Anastasia Beverly Hills products, it seems like this brands is hands down the best. And it actually is. I love their gels and eyebrow definers, powders and pretty much everything else. However, it didn't happen the same with the Brow Primer. I bought it because of the curiosity and all I can say is that I don't like it at all. It is such a struggle for me, whenever I use this product. It doesn't glide as smooth as the NYX one and after I apply powder on top, it doesn't apply evenly as well and leaves gaps, which is extremely frustrating. And the worst part is that it does smudge - at the end of the day it looks like my eyebrows are completely gone. Anyways, it does actually help to stay your eyebrows in place. 

PRO PENCIL by ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS

As the name suggests, Pro Pencil is basically an eye shadow primer/color corrector and it does several jobs at the same time as well as the NYX Wonder Pencil. To be honest, I hate it as my eyebrow highlight. Firstly, the color match is bad for my skin tone. I picked the lightest shade, but it seems like this one is more to a yellow side and looks very orange on my skin. So, anyone, who has kind of pale pinky skin tone like me, won't have a good color match either. Also, I don't like the application part at all and finally, when it comes to blending, it doesn't blend that well, because it dries quite quickly. You need to be fast, if you want to blend it nicely in to your skin. This Pro Pencil has a creamy texture, but it isn't super creamy for sure, so keep this in mind. As this pencil didn't work that well as highlighter, however it does a pretty good job as an eye shadow primer. In my opinion, it is still worth to give it a go!


All in all, I prefer my NYX Shaper and Wonder pencil better. I do think that these are very great products and you don't really need to spend much on your brow products, because there are great affordable ones on the market. I love Anastasia's production so very much, I think her products are the best, however, we all have different skin tones, types and not everything can work for every single person.




By the way, If these ABH brow products worked for you perfectly, please, let me know! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe