Summer essentials: my top 3 perfumes

sekmadienis, birželio 26, 2016

Scent - is one of the most important parts of person's image. At least that's what I believe in. I am happy to have a versatile 'taste' and sense for perfumes that's why I can't stick to one favorite scent for the rest of my life. I think that scent has to depend on mood, season and even weather. Summer is definitely my favorite time of the year and particularly for this time of the year a have my top 3 perfumes that i just am in love with. 


GUERLAIN 'PERA GRANITA'



My number one perfume this summer is 'Pera Granita' by Guerlain. This perfume is one of the scents of Guerlain's 'Aqua Allegoria' collection and 'Pera Granita' is the newest addition to it. I believe it was released this February and this is a true perfume for summer time. The first time I smelled it, I immediately felt the notes of a fresh pear and it for sure 'moved' me to the garden full of flowers and fruits. 'Pera Granita' is a light, fresh, floral and for sure fruity scent. From the description you would think that this is a usual and not a such a special perfume for summer time, but I can guarantee you that this  will be the only thing you'll want to wear on a hot summer day. Oh, and let's talk about the packaging - Guerlain did an amazing job, the pink fluid looks extremely appealing and gold details are definitely on point! 

Top notes: Grapefruit, Bergamot, Lemon.
Middle notes: Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Pear.
Base notes: Moss, White Musk, Cedarwood.

DIPTYQUE 'OYEDO'



Even though 'Oyedo' was released in 2000th, I discovered it only four years ago. Ever since then it has become my ultimate summer scent. Whenever I smell it, it immediately brings me to Mediterranean sea and those gorgeous Greek islands that I'm in love with. This scent is super light and citrusy, so if you are a these kind of fragrances junkie, you might fall in love with 'Oyedo'. However, even though it is extremely citrusy, I also can smell something very unique in it, it definitely has a secret ingredient or some kind of a spice, which puts this perfume on a whole new level. As everyone suggests, 'Oyedo' is a fragrance both for men and women, so in my opinion, the scent is just simply perfect.

Top notes: Lime, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Yuzu
Middle notes: Thyme
Base notes: Woodsy notes

BYREDO 'BAL D'AFRIQUE'



I wouldn't be a perfume junkie, if I were not in love with Byredo. For sure, Byredo is one of my favorite brands and I simply adore their 'Bal D'Afrique'. I feel like this scent is very versatile, it's not only summer's scent, because it perfectly fits to every season and every kind of weather. Fragrance is inspired by Paris in the late 20's and the African culture, art, music. I do feel the vibe of the perfume and to me it feels like a romantic, beautiful scent, but at the same time it can turn into a fresh one. If you haven't tried 'Bal D'Afrique' yet, you have to, for me it is one of the most unique scents I have ever smelled.

Top notes: African Marigold, Bergamot, Bucchu, Lemon, Neroli
Middle notes: Cyclame, Jasmine Petals, Violet
Base notes: Black Amber, Moroccan Cedarwood, Musk, Vetiver

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe